Imagine your potential with a new superpower.
Your own powerhouse board of advisors—made up of a group of brilliant people from different industries who bring their wealth of experience to push, pull, and support you across the finish line of your most intimidating goals.
This is the Moonshot Mastermind.
In the mastermind, we bring together 6-8 high-caliber leaders from multiple industries (ensuring no industry overlap) because what’s commonplace in one industry is innovative in another. For example, Netflix cofounder Reed Hastings was inspired by the subscription model used at his gym (“You could pay $30 or $40 a month and work out as little or as much as you wanted,” he says). Hastings decided to apply the same model to video rentals. The rest is history.
Through the mastermind, you have direct access to me and my wife Kathy (who has 20 years of experience in strategy, impact, and brand marketing), along with a small cohort of hand-selected superstars.
We help you think bigger and move faster than you ever thought possible.
We know it can be lonely at the top. That’s why we created a safe space for you to be messy, to not have all the answers, and to openly share your personal and professional challenges (even those you can’t share with your colleagues or family).
We support you, challenge you, stress-test your ideas, and help you soar to levels you’ve never reached before.
By the end of the mastermind, you’ll make giant leaps that wouldn’t have been possible on your own.
If you’re ready to build out an indomitable 2021 with an A-team brain trust invested in helping you succeed, please fill out the application here.
We have a rolling admissions policy, focused on hand-selecting the best cohort. With space for only 6-8 people, the seats will go in a flash, so get your application in early to increase your chances of joining the group.
The program is highly selective. The last time we opened enrollment, we received dozens of applications. We accepted only six.
There are many masterminds out there for people who are interested in networking or getting feedback on a new venture or passion project.
This is NOT one of those masterminds.
The Moonshot Mastermind is limited to C-level executives or those who run a company with a proven track record of success.
This mastermind assembles a dynamite team of thought partners who help each other see things differently, challenge assumptions, highlight blind spots, offer new perspectives, and above all, MAKE MASSIVE PROGRESS.
the when and where
The program will kick off in January 2021 and run for 12 months.
As long as you have a good wifi signal, you can participate from anywhere in the world.
We’re often too close to our own problems to think about them differently.
There’s a magic that happens when minds from vastly different backgrounds approach a challenge. The power of thought diversity is responsible for humanity’s greatest innovations and awe inspiring progress.
Imagine what it would be like to have that kind of brain trust assembled for the sole purpose of helping YOU reach the moonshots that are most important to you.
You’ll often learn the most while problem-solving for others in the group. We call this the mirror effect. We’ve seen time and time again that solving others’ challenges can be the exact thing you need to unlock a breakthrough for you.
- Here’s what’s included:
- 2 group calls per month. The calls last for 90 minutes. You’re guaranteed a monthly hot seat. It works like this: You bring to the group something you’d like feedback on. The group helps you wherever you need help. In prior mastermind sessions, we’ve helped members make high-level hiring decisions, evaluate potential audiences for new products, stress-test their business strategy, and tackle difficult personal challenges. Anything is fair game.
- 2 mastermind retreats. We’ll host 2 retreats: A virtual retreat at the start in mid/late January and an in-person retreat at the end of 2021 in Portland, Oregon (if in-person still isn’t possible at that point with COVID-19, then that retreat will also be virtual).
- During the kick-off retreat, we’ll work with you to define your objectives for 2021, then create and stress-test a high-level roadmap for getting there. This will form the basis for your moonshot blue print, and a personalized approach to the mastermind.
- At the end of 2021, we’ll host another retreat to reflect on the year, help you learn from what went right and what didn’t, and celebrate the giant leaps accomplished.
- Quarterly reviews. Every 3 months, you’ll do a formal review of your progress (what went right, what went wrong), revise your moonshot roadmap, and set your priorities and goals for the next quarter. This review and goal setting process will crystalize your plan while keeping you accountable to your most important priorities.
- 2 moonsheets per month. Before each group call, we’ll circulate a short mission, challenge, or prompt—what we call a moonsheet—to spark your thinking and provide a new lens to look at your challenges, successes, and roadblocks (both personal and professional).
- 24/7 private forum. We’ll host a private forum to post questions, share ideas, and get feedback from your new powerhouse board of advisors. Support is only one post away.
Here’s the 4-step trajectory we’ll follow during the mastermind:
- Reimagine. We’ll help define your moonshot, reimagine what’s possible, and eliminate limitations that are holding you back. You’ll put together a concrete roadmap, with actionable steps to getting to your moonshot. We’ll help you validate your trajectory and spot any course-corrections you need.
- Experiment. A key part of progressing toward your moonshot is conducting small-scale, low-stakes tests that you can quickly run to learn what works and what doesn’t. We’ll help you come up with experiments, planning exactly how to execute them to identify the most effective approaches.
- Accelerate. We’ll help you learn what worked and what didn’t work from the experiments you run, and use the insights to improve and fine-tune.
- Achieve. The goal is to emerge from the mastermind having achieved your objectives for 2021.
I’M IN! NOW WHAT?
Admission is by application only.
We’ll review applications on a rolling basis. If you qualify, we’ll schedule a 30-minute call with you to further assess whether you’re a good fit for the mastermind (and whether the mastermind is a good fit for you).
Please note: The program is expensive. (Yet it will never be as inexpensive as it is right now).
Click the button below to apply.