Baya Voce has produced “magic touch” experiences ranging from two-person rituals to elaborate 1,000+-person immersive-theater productions. Whether 20-person Jeffersonian-style dinners or high-end finance conferences at Lincoln Center (and everything in between), Baya’s focus is engineering unforgettable moments.
With more than 4 million views, her TEDx talk on loneliness is one of the most-viewed of all time. She has been featured by Forbes, ABC, Fox, MTV, and SXSW for her perspective on experience design and human connection.
In this episode Baya and I discuss:
- How being on the Real World flung Baya into a canyon of loneliness
- What advice Baya would give her 21-year-old Real World self
- The invisible public health crisis Baya is happy to see getting more attention
- How feeling alone at gatherings led Baya to a career in experience design
- What business event planners get wrong
- How Baya cultivates a high emotional response from her guests in designing experiences
- The importance of turning your event into a story
- What you should think about if you’re moving your real world event online
Lost Connections: Why You’re Depressed and How to Find Hope by Johann Hari“1 in 3 U.S. Adults Are Lonely, Survey Shows” by AARP “The Nuclear Family Was a Mistake” by David Brooks Hitch (starring Will Smith)
The Hero’s Journey
The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters by Priya Parker
My book, Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life, is now available for pre-order(Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indiebound).
I’ve been ecstatic about the early reviews. The book was named a “must read” by Susan Cain (NYT Bestselling Author of Quiet), “endlessly fascinating” by Daniel Pink (NYT Bestselling Author of Drive and A Whole New Mind), and “bursting with practical insights” by Adam Grant (NYT Bestselling Author of Originals). The book was also selected by Adam Grant as his # 1 pick among his top 20 books of 2020.
If you pre-order the book, you’ll get digital access to the book to read on your favorite device within seven days of your pre-order. That means you can start reading it months before the book is released to the public.
You’ll also get pre-order bonuses worth at least 10 times the cost of the book. You can check out the bonuses at rocketsciencebook.com.
Click here to see a list of popular streaming services and our step-by-step guide on subscribing, listening and reviewing the show!