Baya Voce has produced “magic touch” experiences ranging from two-person rituals to elaborate 1,000+-person immersive-theater productions. Whether 20-person Jeffersonian-style dinners or high-end finance conferences at Lincoln Center (and everything in between), Baya’s focus is engineering unforgettable moments.
With more than 4 million views, her TEDx talk on loneliness is one of the most-viewed of all time. She has been featured by Forbes, ABC, Fox, MTV, and SXSW for her perspective on experience design and human connection.
Sign up for Baya’s newsletter on her website, and follow her on Instagram.
In this episode Baya and I discuss:
- How being on the Real World flung Baya into a canyon of loneliness
- What advice Baya would give her 21-year-old Real World self
- The invisible public health crisis Baya is happy to see getting more attention
- How feeling alone at gatherings led Baya to a career in experience design
- What business event planners get wrong
- How Baya cultivates a high emotional response from her guests in designing experiences
- The importance of turning your event into a story
- What you should think about if you’re moving your real world event online
Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
Lost Connections: Why You’re Depressed and How to Find Hope by Johann Hari“1 in 3 U.S. Adults Are Lonely, Survey Shows” by AARP “The Nuclear Family Was a Mistake” by David Brooks Hitch (starring Will Smith)
The Hero’s Journey
The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters by Priya Parker
My book, Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life, is now available for pre-order(Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indiebound).
I’ve been ecstatic about the early reviews. The book was named a “must read” by Susan Cain (NYT Bestselling Author of Quiet), “endlessly fascinating” by Daniel Pink (NYT Bestselling Author of Drive and A Whole New Mind), and “bursting with practical insights” by Adam Grant (NYT Bestselling Author of Originals). The book was also selected by Adam Grant as his # 1 pick among his top 20 books of 2020.
If you pre-order the book, you’ll get digital access to the book to read on your favorite device within seven days of your pre-order. That means you can start reading it months before the book is released to the public.
You’ll also get pre-order bonuses worth at least 10 times the cost of the book. You can check out the bonuses at rocketsciencebook.com.
Click here to see a list of popular streaming services and our step-by-step guide on subscribing, listening and reviewing the show!