Cathy Heller is the host of the popular podcast Don’t Keep Your Day Job, which was given the #1 spot on iTunes recommended list of shows for the New Year in 2018 and 2019. She started out as a singer songwriter and first found success licensing her music to TV, films and ads. After making a multi six figure living with her music, Cathy started a music agency, and began teaching other artists to grow their own careers.
You can subscribe to Cathy’s podcast here or through your favorite service, and follow her on Instagram.
In this episode Cathy and I discuss:
- Her heartbreaking experience of being dropped from two record labels
- The lesson we should learn from the Covid-19 crisis
- How Cathy found her passion through a series of day jobs
- How Cathy grew an immensely successful online business without knowing how to make an online business work
- Why you need to give yourself permission to be mediocre
- How Cathy allows her authentic self to shine through
- What Cathy thinks our greatest human need is
- The life lessons Cathy is still trying to learn