Cathy Heller is the host of the popular podcast Don’t Keep Your Day Job, which was given the #1 spot on iTunes recommended list of shows for the New Year in 2018 and 2019. She started out as a singer songwriter and first found success licensing her music to TV, films and ads. After making a multi six figure living with her music, Cathy started a music agency, and began teaching other artists to grow their own careers.
In this episode Cathy and I discuss:
- Her heartbreaking experience of being dropped from two record labels
- The lesson we should learn from the Covid-19 crisis
- How Cathy found her passion through a series of day jobs
- How Cathy grew an immensely successful online business without knowing how to make an online business work
- Why you need to give yourself permission to be mediocre
- How Cathy allows her authentic self to shine through
- What Cathy thinks our greatest human need is
- The life lessons Cathy is still trying to learn
Click here to see a list of popular streaming services and our step-by-step guide on subscribing, listening and reviewing the show!