Dina Kaplan is Founder of the The Path, which teaches meditation for the modern mind. The Path has taught thousands of people to meditate around the world.
Before founding The Path, Dina was co-founder and COO of the tech start-up Blip. Before Blip, she was an Emmy-award winning TV news reporter for local NBC stations. Prior to reporting, Dina worked as an associate producer for MTV News and at the White House as Director of Research for the Office of the White House Counsel.
Dina was named one of Fortune Magazine’s Most Powerful Women Entrepreneurs and Fast Company’s Most Influential Women of Web 2.0. She has taught classes at Columbia and NYU, and spoken at TEDx, SXSW, the World Economic Forum, among many others.
Dina and I discuss:
- The secret that Dina was hiding when it seemed to the rest of the world like she had it all
- The challenges she experienced as a female tech founder in a male-dominated world
- Why she decided to leave her job and travel for over two years in Asia
- How she came upon the idea of starting The Path
- Three strategies you can use to overcome the tendency to people-please
- How you can build more play into your work
Click here to see a list of popular streaming services and our step-by-step guide on subscribing, listening and reviewing the show!