Dr. Jessica Kriegel is a researcher and expert in generational dynamics. Her insights and solutions offer a roadmap for how you can most effectively transform your culture to attract, retain, and engage all generations in the workplace.
Jessica’s book, Unfairly Labeled: How Your Workplace Can Benefit From Ditching Generational Stereotypes, challenges the very concept of “generational differences” as an unfair generalization, and offers a roadmap to intergenerational understanding. She also speaks on the topic of generational dynamics nationally and acts as an adviser and strategist in matters of cultural alignment across all generations.
Sign up for Jessica’s mailing list at http://www.jessicakriegel.com/.
In this episode Jessica and I discuss:
- How being the youngest person in the room led Jessica to study generational differences
- Why older generations complain about millennials
- Why the established literature on generational differences is wrong
- Why the public is so eager to buy into generational stereotypes
- Jessica’s technique for showing how inappropriate generational stereotypes are
- How stereotypes about different generations lead to poor leadership decisions
- What companies can do to foster better intergenerational relations
- The personality trait that Jessica considers a personal failure
- Why it’s so difficult to project our true selves into the world and what we can do about it
My book, Think Like a Rocket Scientist: Simple Strategies You Can Use to Make Giant Leaps in Work and Life, is now available for pre-order(Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Indiebound).
I’ve been ecstatic about the early reviews. The book was named a “must read” by Susan Cain (NYT Bestselling Author of Quiet), “endlessly fascinating” by Daniel Pink (NYT Bestselling Author of Drive and A Whole New Mind), and “bursting with practical insights” by Adam Grant (NYT Bestselling Author of Originals). The book was also selected by Adam Grant as his # 1 pick among his top 20 books of 2020.
If you pre-order the book, you’ll get digital access to the book to read on your favorite device within seven days of your pre-order. That means you can start reading it months before the book is released to the public.
You’ll also get pre-order bonuses worth at least 10 times the cost of the book. You can check out the bonuses at rocketsciencebook.com.
Click here to see a list of popular streaming services and our step-by-step guide on subscribing, listening and reviewing the show!