Khe Hy is the founder of RadReads, which is a community of 20,000 professionals seeking to reexamine their relationship to money, ambition, and ultimately themselves. Khe has been called Oprah for Millennials by CNN and the Wall Street Guru by Bloomberg. He spent the first fifteen years of his career in the financial services industry researching hedge fund investments. He was one of the youngest Managing Directors at BlackRock where he oversaw the New York Research Team.
You can sign up for Khe’s newsletter, RadReads, at https://radreads.co/.
In the episode, Khe and I discuss:
- Why Khe did the unthinkable and quit his job at a Wall Street investment firm without a plan
- How Khe coped with the self-doubt and fear of failure in leaving a prestigious job and strike out on his own
- What advice Khe would give to people contemplating a similar career transition
- How he grew his newsletter, RadReads, from 0 to 16,000 subscribers
- How you can stop caring about what other people think
- What the scarcity mindset is and why more isn’t necessarily better
Click here to see a list of popular streaming services and our step-by-step guide on subscribing, listening and reviewing the show!