Ryan Levesque is the CEO of The ASK Method ® Company, and the #1 national best-selling author of Ask: The Counterintuitive Online Method to Discover Exactly What Your Customers Want to Buy, which was named by Inc. as the #1 Marketing Book of the Year. Ryan’s work has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, USA Today, Forbes, and Entrepreneur and over 250,000 entrepreneurs subscribe to his email newsletter offering business advice.
His latest book, Choose, helps readers avoid making the single biggest mistake when starting a business and guides people through answering the all important question: What type of business should you start?
You can get a free copy of Choose (just pay S&H) plus over $200 in bonuses (including the audiobook) by visiting http://choosethebook.com/famousfailures. This isn’t an affiliate link—if you choose to buy Ryan’s book, I don’t make a dime.
In the interview, Ryan and I discuss:
- How Ryan quit his dream job at AIG Insurance to pursue a career as an entrepreneur
- Why people are afraid to give up “good” to go for “great” (and what to do about it)
- The one advice Ryan would give to an aspiring entrepreneur
- Why one of Ryan’s earliest businesses flopped and what he learned from that failure
- How Ryan found the idea for a massively successful business centered on growing orchids
- Why Ryan ended up in the ICU in 2012 after overworking and how he bounced back to write a bestselling book.